Thanks for the quick response Dmitriy.

As a workaround, might it be possible for me to replace the following:
"unauthorizedRedirectUrl" : "https://ssohost.mydomain.edu/cas_nowayjose/";,
...with something like the following:
"unauthorizedRedirectUrl" : "
https://ssohost.mydomain.edu/cas_nowayjose/?service=junktest.com&username=%sAMAccountName%

<https://ssohost.mydomain.edu/cas_nowayjose/>",
...where %sAMAccountName% could be a variable replaced with the username of
the user who is denied access?
If there is a way for me to grab and use the value of the username, the
tomcat access log would capture the denied attempt for me.

Carl