Matthew,

Is cas.properties being copied into the target directory and does it have the
values you expect?
On Linux /etc is not writable by a 'regular' user. You could manually create
/etc/cas/config and change ownership or permissions (while in development). I
do not know how this works on Windows.

Ray

On Fri, 2018-02-09 at 22:01 -0800, Matthew Hannay wrote:
Is the following structure correct

cas-overlaytemplate/

 |-------etc/cas/config/cas.properties

 | ------overlays/org.ap.....tomcat-5.2.2

when I run from c:\cas-overlaytemplate/

java -jar target\cas.war

it is not picking up the cas.properties in the etc\ directory

>From what I have read the fall back is to that directory
Even If I add

C:\dev\git-3rdparty-repos\cas-overlay-template>java -jar target/cas.war
-Dcas.standalone.config=./etc/cas/config/
C:\dev\git-3rdparty-repos\cas-overlay-template>java -jar target/cas.war
-Dcas.standalone.config.file=./etc/cas/config/cas.properties

If I go into the target directory and add my configurations into the
application.properties and run the 'maven package'

I then Run

cas-overlay-template>java -jar target/cas.war

the application picks up the properties??
This then feeds me into my next series of problems

--Matt

--
Ray Bon
Programmer analyst