I had the same error and had to regenerate my idp-metadata.xml after
setting the following parameters.

cas.authn.samlIdp.entityId=https://cas.example.org/idp
cas.authn.samlIdp.scope=example.org
cas.authn.samlIdp.attributeQueryProfileEnabled=true

I then had to uncomment the AttributeAuthorityDescriptor section in the
metadata xml

--Mike K.