On Windows, You can use "build run". On Linux "./build.sh run" see
[https://github.com/apereo/cas-overlay-template] ,

also I would suggest using "build xxx" instead of "mvn xxx" in most use
case,
CAS have some additional steps bundle in after running mvn xxx (from what I
can see), so better use the official recommended compile method.

Cheers!
- Andy