This seems to have been fixed in 6.2.0 RC2, I have not had the error at all
on 6.2.0 RC2, I then spend a bit of time finding a reliable sequence of
events that caused the error and found a way to reproduce consistently on
6.1.2 following a specific series of login/logout requests:

In the same browser window:
Login to system A.
Login to system B.
Logout System B.
Login to system A.
Logout System A.
Login System B - results in error.

Above resulted in the error on every attempt, I then replaced the 6.1.2
cas.war file with 6.2.0 RC2 no other changes made to config etc and
repeated above and did not get the error.