Indeed, that might be a good idea to reuse a global DataSource for all Jdbc
attributes repos. Currently it’s only possible if you have a globally defined
JNDI-bound DataSource (but who does JNDI these days?) ;-)

As could be seen here:
https://github.com/apereo/cas/blob/master/support/cas-server-support-person-directory/src/main/java/org/apereo/cas/config/CasPersonDirectoryConfiguration.java#L215

a new DataSource is created, well again, unless you have globally defined JNDI
Datasoure. So, currently JNDI is your only option.

Best,
D.