Oh my, Ocean Liu, you are my new best friend!

Thanks

Ray

On Fri, 2022-02-18 at 10:02 -0800, Ocean Liu wrote:
Notice: This message was sent from outside the University of Victoria email
system. Please be cautious with links and sensitive information.

Hey Ray,

> I keep a copy of the cas project locally. I use it to search for properties,
> log messages and classes.

I used to do the same thing until I found github.dev ,
https://docs.github.com/en/codespaces/the-githubdev-web-based-editor

It is a web-based VSCode editor, it can also sync your VSCode configuration.

Whenever you are on a github.com repo, you can:

  *   Press . (the dot key) while browsing any repository on GitHub.
  *   Change the URL from "github.com" to "github.dev".

Then you will have a VSCode in your browser, you can do global search very
easily, supports regex and all that stuff.

Hope this will be helpful, I love that tool.