This typically indicates that you are missing the OpenJDK development packages.

https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/g/cas-user/c/HOiMGSumH5c/m/yof4tIlNBAAJ

From: cas-user@apereo.org <cas-user@apereo.org> On Behalf Of Joe Gullo
Sent: Friday, May 27, 2022 1:32 PM
To: CAS Community <cas-user@apereo.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL SENDER] [cas-user] Assistance building CAS Management
Overlay, "Could not find org.apereo.cas:cas-server-support-bom:."

I've been trying to build CAS Management Overlay, but I'm finding the
documentation a bit difficult to follow.  My understanding is it should produce
a standalone war, correct?I have a deployment procedure that follows this:

cd /opt/cas
rm -Rf /opt/cas/cas-management.orgname
getcas --directory cas-management.orgname --casVersion 6.5.3 --type
cas-management-overlay
cd -orgname
cd /opt/cas/cas-management.orgname/
chown -R casadmin:casadmin /opt/cas/cas-management.orgname
sudo -u casadmin ./gradlew clean build

This fails with the following:

* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':compileJava'.
> Could not resolve all files for configuration ':compileClasspath'.
   > Could not find org.apereo.cas:cas-server-support-bom:.
     Required by:
         project :

I've seen some other people building this and looking at their procedures, it
leads me to believe I need to download the actual cas-overlay to the same
directory before attempting to build, or is something just wrong with the build
environment?  I haven't seen much about building it in the documentation.

https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/a93b8d1b-1cef-4b9f-8c74-cb217f362554n%40apereo.org<https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/a93b8d1b-1cef-4b9f-8c74-cb217f362554n%40apereo.org?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.