Thanks, that looks promising! We're still running 6.5.x, so I think the
relevant reference for that version is:
<
https://apereo.github.io/cas/6.5.x/services/Configuring-Service-Access-Strategy.html#http-request

I guess my meta question is, how would I have found it if I didn't know it
was there? The doc's search feature doesn't turn up anything that looks
useful with search terms like "IP address".

You can get to it from the navbar on the left, if you already have an idea
of your destination, but that's not helpful in my experience if you don't
already have some idea where something may be buried.