Thanks.

So does "CAS is not looking at your handler for attributes" mean that the
attributes supplied via the SimplePrincipal object are not being used?

When you refer to "3 hardcoded attributes" do you mean this block...?

    <util:map id="attrRepoBackingMap">
        <entry key="uid" value="uid" />
        <entry key="eduPersonAffiliation" value="eduPersonAffiliation" />
        <entry key="groupMembership" value="groupMembership" />
    </util:map>

And if so, presumably because only uid and groupMembership are listed as
allowedAttributes, only these two can be released?  (Currently, no attributes
are coming through into the serviceValidate response XML.)

Also, when you say "null out the resolver" do you mean
primaryPrincipalResolver?  When I do that, my primaryAuthenticationHandler no
longer works (or is used).  Apologies, but I don't yet understand enough about
CAS to confidently make assumptions!

I'll turn on debug and see what it says.

Regards,

Richard