MA> we will consider providing official patches for [Java CAS Client 3.2
and 3.1] lines if there is interest.

I'm still interested in a patch fixing this issue for the Java CAS Client
3.2 line specifically, since that's the CAS client version used in uPortal
4.0 and 4.1.

However, I've also developed a no-dependencies just-add-a-Filter solution:

https://github.com/Jasig/cas-server-security-filter/pull/6

and intend to ship (a fork of) that Filter in uPortal 4.0.15 and 4.1.1 in
order to un-block the uPortal releases without having to bump those
releases to Java CAS Client 3.3 under duress.

https://github.com/Jasig/uPortal/pull/405

https://github.com/Jasig/uPortal/pull/406

(It might very well be appropriate to circle back and upgrade to the Java
CAS Client 3.3 more calmly for other reasons.  In fact, I expect to update
uPortal `master` (towards uPortal 4.2) to use the Java CAS Client 3.3
version. But this Filter allows that upgrade to not be required in order to
be safe from this vulnerability.)