Authentication itself works without, but that is of no help for you, as
JASIG-CAS needs Cookies for SSO.

Maybe another approach would fit your needs, like Claims-Based SSO.
E.g. Windows Identity Foundation. It has it’s drawbacks and conceptual
limitations. See
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff359102.aspx

Rob