Thanks for the info, Francois.

> Hi John,
>
> Part numbers:
>
> XC5VSX95T-1FF1136C - this is the lowest speed grade, with lead, commercial
> temperature range.  Available today for purchase from Avnet ($2,735.00, 4
> wk
> lead time) or Nu Horizons ($ 2,789.70, 22 in stock in NA).
>
> Lead-free is possible and the speed grade could also be a -2.  -3 is not
> available in SX95T (or SX240T).

Is it worth getting the -2 speed grade?  It seems it may help with routing
tightly packed designs, but is it necessary to run the memories and xaui
links at speed?

> Does anyone have a requirement for lead-free?

We (Green Bank) are leery of lead-free for long-term reliability due to
the tin whisker problems.  Although much of the European-built ALMA
electronics is lead-free, so we shall see...

John