From: David George [mailto:david.geo...@ska.ac.za]
Sent: Tuesday, 4 August 2009 4:51 PM
To: Cheng, Wan (ATNF, Marsfield); casper@lists.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [casper] How to read and write ADC register

Hi Wan.

It seems like you need to work out how the CASPER build works. A good
thing to do would be to look at exactly how the iadc works. Look closely
at the pcore, system.mhs and xps_library/*/* files. Find any mention of
the 'adc' or 'xps_adc' in all the xps_library files and compare it to
what you have for your custom adc design. The unix command 'grep' is
useful for grovelling through files. Once you have seen how it has been
done for the iadc, you should be able to understand/copy the mechanics
for your own adc.

Also have a look at the yellow block guide:
http://casper.berkeley.edu/wiki/How_to_make_a_%22yellow%22_block

Regards,
David

--