FWIW, I recently encountered an issue where Matlab/Simulink crashed on me
and when I restarted my session and tried to re-open the model file I had
been working on, Matlab gave a Segmentation Violation.

I'm not sure if anyone else has encountered this, but the problem has
something to do with blocks that are interdependent on the CASPER DSP
(casper_library.mdl) and BEE_XPS System (xps_library.mdl) block sets, the
snap block in my case.  If I didn't load the BEE_XPS System blockset, then
started Matlab, I could open my file with links broken.  I was able to
file->open xps_library.mdl and have my design get drawn.  I needed to delete
the offending interdependent blocks and replace them with ones from the
library.  I could then save my design and close/open it and continue my
project.

Xilinx support has been helpful, and have been able to reproduce this
problem with my corrupted model file, but are not sure why this would happen
in the first place.  Either way, the above fix seems to work.

Mark