hi jonathan,

some ideas for your correlator:

1)
300 MHz is a good target, especially for V6.
suraj has shown how to  achieve 375 MHz for V5
by using floor planning and auto-placing.
suraj or i can send you his draft paper on this if you'd like.

2)
you might want to consider FFX instead of FX:
eg: digitizing your 9 GHz band and using a PFB to break it up into eight sub-bands
of 1.25 GHz each, and then sending the sub-bands into eight 1.25 GHz
FX correlators. this will simplify your switch requirements and each correlator now has only 4K channels, which is better suited for cornering turn in a roach II.

3)
also, be sure to use billy's latest FFT, (recently checked in),
which moves all the adders and multipliers into DSP48's makes routing easier.
you should also consider bit growth FFT's and PFB's, which start
out with the 4 or 5 or 8 bits from your ADC, and add bits gradually
as you move the frequency domain.   dave mcmahon and hong chen
have done work on this.

best wishes,

dan