hi tom,

you  could connect the TTL signal to the SMA connector
on the adc board, called "sync in". this is a spare digital input, 0 to 2.5 volts, 50 ohm.

but it would be easier to connect your signal to a printer port on your computer,
or buy an inexpensive digital input to USB board.   then you
wouldn't have to modify the fpga code; your computer could read the
status bit directly.
best wishes,

dan

Henry Chen wrote:
Hi Tom,

Any one of the IBOB's header GPIOs should be able monitor it. You
will probably need to put in a series resistor to protect the
LVCMOS inputs pad from the TTL signal:

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/10835.htm

Thanks,
Henry