From: Andrew Martens [mailto:martens.and...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, 28 April 2011 9:19 PM
To: Francois Kapp
Cc: Cheng, Wan (CASS, Marsfield); millen...@skatelescope.org; Beresford, Ron
(CASS, Marsfield); casper@lists.berkeley.edu CASPER
Subject: Re: [casper] The casper library status

Hi Wan

>> I did not see any capsper library update from git since last year august. Do
>> you immigrate the latest library to other server?

The main repository has not been updated for a while. If you are
looking for more recent changes use the repositories at;

http://casper.berkeley.edu/git/mlib_devel/kat.git - our repository,
contains all ral commits but not most recent BWRC
http://casper.berkeley.edu/git/mlib_devel/bwrc.git - the BWRC group's
repository, does not contain many RAL or KAT commits
http://casper.berkeley.edu/git/mlib_devel/ral.git - the RAL
repository, has not been updated with changes from KAT or BWRC for a
while

Unfortunately, the repositories have drifted so that the BWRC and KAT
repositories are not currently compatible, work is
being done to remedy this. Either should work though with regard to
the core DSP blocks (FFT, DDC, PFB etc)

>> And what's the status of Xilinx ISE tools? Do you upgrade the Xilinx ISE
>> tool bundle to version 12? I find current casper library is not compatible
>> with ISE version 12 because some OPB library is removed from EDK.

One of the reasons we have NOT moved to version 12 is because of this
OPB deprecation - many of our cores have an OPB interface.
We need to write an interface block or modify our cores. Version 11
works fine though.

Regards
Andrew