Hi Matt.

> What is the CHS_LED1 signal ?
> This is the red LED below the green/power LED on the front of
> the iStar 1.3U chassis.
> In the recent past we've started to see a couple of systems
> where this LED turns on for some reason.
>
> The schematics show it connects to the D1 pin of the Actel part at U60.

That red led indicates a few things. If it flashes it represents a
system health related emergency shutdown. If it is solid, which I
believe is your case, it means that the monitoring subsystem has an
interrupt that is waiting to be serviced by the PPC. This interrupt
can be set for the following things (in order of likelihood): a
power-button event, an internal monitor bus error and a software
defined system health threshold violation.

What I suspect is happening is those boards have the Linux kernel
which I put up a few months ago which doesn't include the MMC and
roach_monitor drivers. This is causing the triggered IRQs to remain
unserviced and the LED stays high. Its almost certain that the power
button was the trigger.

Try updating your boards with the kernel I put up a couple of days ago:
https://casper.berkeley.edu/svn/trunk/roach/sw/binaries/linux/uImage-20110812-mmcomitfix

Sorry to cause headaches. Henry has tested this kernel so I'll update
the wiki recommended versions.

Cheers,
David