Hi Tom,

If you are running tcpborphserver2 on the roach then you can use the
following commands to write and read from registers through the tcp
interface on port 7147.

?wordwrite register-name word-offset payload

?write register-name register-offset payload

?wordread register-name word-offset length

?bulkread register-name [register-offset [byte-count]]

Is there a reason you would like to use the files?

This seemed to work for me
root@192:/proc/389/hw/ioreg# cat sys_scratchpad | hd
00000000  12 34 56 78                                       |.4Vx|
00000004

root@192:/proc/389/hw/ioreg# echo -e \FF\FF > sys_scratchpad
root@192:/proc/389/hw/ioreg# cat sys_scratchpad | hd
00000000  46 46 46 46                                       |FFFF|
00000004

Hope this helps

Regards

Adam