Comments below.

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 12:07 PM, Matthew Bridges <
matthewbridge...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi JP and Wes,
>
> I am very interested in this work, but from a RHINO perspective. I am
> looking into how I should go about adding the RHINOs DRAM into my
> Architecture.
>
> I have a few questions, if you have time to answer.
>
> Did you use the Memory Interface Generator? And did it work for you?

Yes, use the MIG. Both R1 and now R2 yellow blocks are based around MIG

> Are there other coregens used in your block? E.g FIFOs?

Yes, the outputted data goes though an asynchronous fifo.

> How many ports did you implement? I was thinking of putting 2 into my
> Architecture, 1 for the Wishbone, 1 for direct processor access.

What interface do you use to talk to the block? Is it OPB?

Both the QDR and DDR use a single "port" which maps the memory address
space to OPB bus so that the memory can be read from the PPC.