> Hi,
>
> I want to implement KATCP protocol on a PIC32 micro controller. I'm trying
> to compile the KATCP C library over a TCP/IP stack freeware provided by
> Microchip (the manufacturer of the starter kit I'm working with).
>
> I included all the .h files listed in the KATCP wiki but the compiler asks
> for a "unistd.h" header. I found many "unistd.h" files in my system
> (ubuntu
> 12.04 lts), which one should I use?

You can't just grab a random unistd.h and expect it to work.  You'll have
to go through the microchip development environment and pick out the
header files that you need to end up defining all of the constants that
the code requires in a way that makes sense for the microchip compiler and
the network stack.

I would start by creating a blank unistd.h file and then seeing what fails
to compile, and search for the definitions that the code requires in the
header files that come with the microchip development system and the
network stack, and use that information to properly define them.

This sounds like a hard task to me!

John