Hi, Peter,

On Dec 2, 2014, at 9:34 AM, Peter Niu wrote:

> Thanks for your reply.Our switch ports are enough,but the Nics on roach is
> not enough(we only have 4 ports each roach),so  if we send packets to x box
> though switch,we only need 4 10Gbe ports on each roach.that is why we want to
> use the pre-build paper model.

Yes, to do "F -> SWITCH -> X" you only need four 10 GbE ports on the ROACH2.
In theory this could be done with 1 SFP+ card in the ROACH2, but if you want to
use the pre-built model available on the internet to do this, you will still
need 2 SFP+ cards in each ROACH2 due to how the interfaces are allocated.  If
you modify the PAPER model, you can reassign the four "eth_N_sw" cores to be on
1 SFP+ card.  The "eth_N_gpu" cores would be unused and could be deleted to
save resources.

> if we want to use the pre-build model,the initial ruby scripts may should be
> modified.the eth_n_gpu codes should be delete,the arp codes of eth_n_sw
> should be changed.except the ethernet part of ruby codes should be
> modified,need the other
> parts codes like the PFB ,EQ parts be changed?

Yes, the network config stuff will have to change somewhat, but the rest of the
configuration will remain the same.  Once you have settled on a network
configuration, it should be fairly straightforward to change the
paper_feng_init.rb script accordingly.

> could the pre-build model and scripts find on the websites?

All my pre-built PAPER F engine models and scripts are on the internet and I
think you already have them.

Dave