Hi Wesley,

Thanks for your suggestion. I will do the same while installing on the latest machine.

Regards
Sandeep C. Chaudhari


On Mon, 13 Apr 2015, Wesley New wrote:

I would also suggest upgrading to 14.7, it is a pretty straight forward
upgrade. Just install 14.7 and point your startsg script to the correct
installation directory.


Wesley New
South African SKA Project
+2721 506 7300
www.ska.ac.za



On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 7:06 AM, Chaudhari Sandeep C.
<[email protected]> wrote:
      Hi John,

              Thanks for your suggestion. I need to change my machine
      itself as it has only 8GB RAM and later on I realized that it is
      DDR2 and not even DDR3 RAM.


      Regards,
      Sandeep C. Chaudhari


      On Wed, 8 Apr 2015, John Ford wrote:

                  Hi Glenn,

                          Thanks for your reply.

                          My machine has 8GB RAM and
                  maximum java heap size shown in MATLAB
                  was 2GB. Hence I tried to increase java
                  heap size to MAX 2GB and compiled
                  my old ROACH-1 design (mdl file later
                  updated using
                  'update_casper_blocks') which consists
                  of iADC and snap block and found
                  that it is taking 1:02hrs. But in
                  default condition of 128MB took 53:00
                  minutes.

                  This is bit surprising.


            Since you're using more memory for the Matlab Java
            heap, you might be
            running out of physical memory and have begun paging
            to virtual memory.  8
            GB is marginal for these newer tools, unfortunatly. 
            Have you looked at
            the system activity with vmstat while compiling?

            John



                  Regards,
                  Sandeep C. Chaudhari
                  GMRT-TIFR


                  On Tue, 7 Apr 2015, G Jones wrote:


                        Check your java heap size
                        setting in MATLAB. The
                        default value is often
                        way
                        too low. Search the mailing
                        list archive for more
                        details.

                        On Apr 7, 2015 2:02 AM,
                        "Chaudhari Sandeep C."
                        <[email protected]>
                        wrote:
                              Dear All,

                                      I started
                        using ROACH-2 toolflow
                        recently. When I tried
                              to compile simple
                        ROACH-1 design of iADC board
                        with snap block
                              it took 45-minuts to
                        compile this design. Now
                        when I started to
                              compile ROACH-1
                        f-engine design on previous
                        day and it is still
                              in the stage of System
                        Generation today.
                              Can anyone tell why it
                        is taking so much long time
                        for
                              compilation and how to
                        reduce this compilation
                        time?

                              The installation
                        details are as follows :

                             
                        
---------------------------------------------------------------------
                              MATLAB Version:
                        8.0.0.783 (R2012b)
                              MATLAB License Number:
                        732809
                              Operating System:
                        Linux 3.13.0-46-generic
                        #79-Ubuntu SMP Tue Mar
                              10 20:06:50 UTC 2015
                        x86_64
                              Java Version: Java
                        1.6.0_17-b04 with Sun
                        Microsystems Inc. Java
                              HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit
                        Server VM mixed mode
                             
                        
---------------------------------------------------------------------
                              MATLAB               
                                                   
                            Version
                              8.0 (R2012b)
                              Simulink             
                                                   
                            Version
                              8.0 (R2012b)
                              DSP System Toolbox   
                                                   
                            Version
                              8.3 (R2012b)
                              Fixed-Point Toolbox   
                                                   
                           Version
                              3.6 (R2012b)
                              Signal Processing
                        Toolbox                     
                               Version
                              6.18 (R2012b)
                              Xilinx System
                        Generator                   
                                   Version
                              14.2 production build



                              Thanks & regards,
                              Sandeep C. Chaudhari
                              GMRT,TIFR




Reply via email to