On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 10:49 PM, Nishanth Shivashankaran <nshiv...@asu.edu>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>     We bought a new desktop and I tried installing nfs boot on to the new
> computer to boot the roach1 and  was trying to bring the roach1 up. But I
> think I messed up installing something somewhere and the roach 1 is not
> returning anything to the minicom terminal at all.
>
> I am sure it is connected to the right port because I can see it on the
> terminal using dmesg command.

If you can see serial text output, then chances are very good that your
bootloader
is still working. Have you tried pressing any key during bootup, to see if
you can reach the
bootloader prompt - if you can type "printenv" then uboot is still
functional, and there is
no need to resort to jtag

regards

marc