Hi, Marc,

On Jul 28, 2015, at 1:34 AM, Marc Welz wrote:

> So I confess to relying on third parties for this information, but isn't the
> board populated with 1Gb RAM after all ?

When U-Boot starts up it reports that the system has 512 KB of memory.  I
assume (uh-oh!) that uboot is detecting that size dynamically at run time.  Is
it possible that later production runs of the ROACH2 were populated with larger
capacity memory chips?

> Would the crash be trigged by a kernel memory layout of 3Gb+1Gb rather than
> 2Gb+2Gb ?

I don't understand this question.  Can you please clarify?  I don't think it's
a layout issue, but rather a size issue.

> Have you tried the kernel from 9 months ago at github ska-sa/roach2_nfs_uboot
> ?

I'll have to double check the kernel version that we used.

Thanks,
Dave