On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 4:21 PM, Christopher Barnes <barnc...@umich.edu>
wrote:

> Hey Marc,
>
> I plugged the ROACH into a PC, and the USB connection is visible within my
> /dev/ folder.  However, when I updated minicom to recognize the correct USB
> connection and then turned on the ROACH (same as power cycling it?), the
> ROACH did not boot up in the terminal window.  Do you think that using
> another program, like cutecom or picocom, might make a difference?

Not sure if another terminal emulator helps, but do note that there are 4
serial ports
which connect to the roach (some used for jtag) and only one runs the
console, so try all the permutations, especially with the new systemd/udev
nonsense - it might rename the ports. Also port speed and flow control
might need to be set correctly

regards

marc