Hi All,
I have a question regarding the ADC16x250-8 coax rev 2 running in demux by 4
mode. When I terminate the inputs with a 50 ohm connector and collect data
using a basic snapshot block design, I get a little bit of noise on the LSB. I
export the data to a csv file and find that it is a collection of 0's and -1's,
indicating that the level being converted by the adc is sitting between these
two values and there is some sort of internal noise causing us to jump between
values. What is alarming is that when I collected 2^18 samples and run spectral
analysis I see large spikes at intervals of FS/16 (See Attached,
pwelch(x,1024,256,[],800)).

I am running the ADC at 800MHZ and the FPGA at 200MHZ. I am using one of the
more recent casper builds after the bitslipping commit on Mar 25th. I also
tried to use the ruby script located at
https://github.com/jack-h/casper_adc16/tree/master/ruby/lib.

I run the bof file with "adc16_init.rb --reg=0x3a=0x0202,0x3b=0x0202 -d 4
roach_ip boffile", where I change the ic inputs. We only connected 8 of the 16
coax cables to the board and I had to switch off the default.

Has anyone else had a similar experience or ideas?
Adam Schoenwald