Hi Glenn,

A while back, I repaired a roach2 problem that had similar symptoms. Its probably not terribly likely that yours has the same problem, but I thought I'd share in case...

The short story is that a capacitor (C163) failed and I could measure ~220ohms across it. This particular cap is part of the soft reset circuitry associated with switch S1, and was pulling down the signal, holding the roach2 in reset.

I removed that capacitor and saw pretty major evidence of re-work in that area (missing pads & traces, small wires from nearby vias, etc). We never use the soft reset switch on the board, so I just removed all of those parts and the roach2 board now functions as it should.

Good luck!
Jason