Hi All,

The point:

I'm looking for a new snapshot, or instructions on how to make one, for
netbooting a roach2. Can anyone either update the git, namely the snapshot
file,  at https://github.com/ska-sa/roach2_nfs_uboot or give instructions on
how to properly merge recent changes into the nfs file system?

Details:
I got a netboot server up and running on Ubuntu 16.04 last week.
I followed a combination of instructions from
https://casper.berkeley.edu/wiki/Getting_Started_with_ROACH2 and
https://github.com/ska-sa/roach2_nfs_uboot

I extracted the "roach2-debian-fs-snapshot-24-10-2012.tar.gz" snapshot and made
a symlink from 'current'.
When net booting, the ROACH2 followed the symlink in
"roach2_nfs_uboot/current/usr/local/sbin/ tcpborphserver3".

This tcpborphserver3 was fairly out of date(2012 I believe, like the snapshot),
and I was having errors controlling my firmware through python.
I tried extracting the tcpborphserver3 from
roach2-root-phyprog-release-2015-04-01.romfs, placing it with a new name into
'roach2_nfs_uboot/current/usr/local/sbin' and linking to it. My primary
complaint here was tcpborphserver3 stopped flashing gzip files. I also wanted
.fpg functionality from the newer ska-sa mlib_devel.

After my trials and errors with netboot, I decided to flash the kernel and
romfs (I was too nervous to flash uboot) after reading this
http://www.mail-archive.com/casper@lists.berkeley.edu/msg06347.html , and I am
now running in soloboot.

Thanks,
--Adam