Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2018 17:16:22 -0700
From: Dan Werthimer <d...@ssl.berkeley.edu>
Subject: Re: [casper] temporary ROACH2 faults after power dips and spikes

hi jonathan,

here's a remote possibility that might explain some of the behaviour you are
seeting: when the power goes down to your roach2's, does the power also go down on the sample clock or 1 PPS distribution? if the sample clock continues to be fed to the ADC's, then the CMOS adc chips can continued to be powered via the clock, or perhaps via 1 PPS, and because the voltages are low, the adc's can get in a
wierd mode...

you might need to power off the 1 PPS and sample clock ? or after power is restored, issue a reset to the ADC ?
dan

On Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 4:22 PM, Jonathan Weintroub