Hi Jake,

Maybe this helps. ICAP = Internal Access Configuration Port of the FPGA and
it allows the FPGA to reconfigure itself, internally e.g. in the case of
the SKARAB, the microblaze can issue a command to reconfigure the FPGA if
necessary without having to reset the FPGA externally - very useful
functionality indeed.

The ICAP should not fail, so maybe there is an issue accessing the internal
configuration port? Have you tried a different SNAP board and compared the
results? It could be a hardware issue, so this would at least eliminate
that issue.

My 2c worth.

Kind regards,

Adam Isaacson
South African Radio Astronomy Observatory (SARAO)
Hardware Manager
Cell: (+27) 825639602
Tel:  (+27) 215067300
email: aisaac...@ska.ac.za