Hi Dave,

I just tried downloading the Pi 3+ image from the SNAP Bringup page and was
able to unzip it and mount the .img file on my macbook. Note that it is a
zip file, not a tar file, so you'll want to use *unzip*, not the *tar *utility,
to decompress the file on linux.

I have been using etcher.io (https://etcher.io/) to write SD cards, which
IMO is way easier. I would wholly recommend to those not familiar with
linux *dd *command, (and those who like me are terrified of accidentally
formatting the wrong partition and deleting their OS).

- Danny