Hi Jael,

Short answer: No. Don't do it!

For compiling, most important for ROACH2 is that you will need to use the
older Xilinx ISE 14.x -- you *cannot* use Xilinx Vivado to target the
Virtex 6 FPGA.

You can probably get away with Ubuntu 18.04, but I doubt the newer versions
of MATLAB will work with ISE -- 2012b is the last officially supported
version (if I recall correctly -- maybe 2013b).

If you're using your workstation for other things, and need Ubuntu 18, you
could consider putting your ROACH2 toolflow install inside a virtual
machine.

Good luck!
Danny

On 13 December 2019 at 12:34:06 pm, Jael Nora Rojas Miguel (