Hi Molly,

There is an old tutorial with a million channel spectrometer up here:
https://casper.ssl.berkeley.edu/wiki/Old_Tutorials
This was on the ROACH1, and used a 1024-point real FFT, a 1024x1024
transpose using QDR RAM, followed by a second 1024-point complex FFT.

If you have access to a computer with a 10 GbE card + GPU, a nice solution
would be send the data over 10 GbE and do the FFT on the GPU. You can
transfer 500 MHz of bandwidth @ 8 bit resolution over a 10 GbE link, and
the NVIDIA cuFFT can do large FFTs without breaking a sweat. There are
quite a few groups who use FPGA --> GPU, so should be some help on the
mailing list should you take this route.

Cheers,
Danny