Traffic from the ROACH doesn't go through the PowerPC, so my guess would be
that it's unlikely anything is causing issues there. I'm not actually sure
how you change PPC settings which aren't set via the "start_tap" command.
For >8kB packets, you should check any options to increase the TX buffer
options in the 10GbE yellow block.
The 10GbE block has output ports indicating overflows in the TX path -- if
you are not seeing these strobe ever, and you are confident that the
transmission logic in your firmware is working, then I think that it is
very likely that any issues they are in your receive code.

Cheers
Jack