Hi all,

Apologies if you had already received this email from another source.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <marta.demb...@dlr.de>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 at 02:57
Subject: [Everyone] EAS 2021 Special Session SS5 ‘Data-intensive radio
astronomy: bringing astrophysics to the exabyte era’
To: <every...@lists.pulsarastronomy.net>

Dear colleagues!

We would like to bring your attention to the special session SS5
‘Data-intensive
radio astronomy: bringing astrophysics to the exabyte era
<https://eas.unige.ch/EAS_meeting/session.jsp?id=SS5>’ of the European
Astronomical Society virtual meeting EAS 2021
<https://eas.unige.ch/EAS2021/index.jsp> on 28 June. This will be an
afternoon session at CET timezone.

The SS5 session will cover the challenges and current state faced by radio
astronomy in handling large data volumes, and technical solutions and
applications within and outside astronomy. Our main aim is to bring
together different communities (e.g. astrophysics, high-energy physics,
research institutes, industry) to discuss current tools and ideas for the
future development of data management. This meeting will enhance our
knowledge-bank through various different approaches to tackle the
challenges that current and future (SKA) radio telescopes are facing.

The topics we will cover are:

   1.

   Data-intensive radio astronomy, current facilities and challenges
   2.

   Data science and the exa-scale era: technical solutions within astronomy
   3.

   Data science and the exa-scale era: applications and challenges outside
   astronomy

The deadline for abstract submission
<https://kuonicongress.eventsair.com/PresentationPortal/Account/Login?ReturnUrl=%2FPresentationPortal%2Feas-2021%2Fabstractsubmission>
is 2 March 2021. We will accept oral and poster presentations.
The poster for the SS5 special session can be found here
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mkrXaEVC8WQEkgNiQHYYz4XP-bdfwk5y/view?usp=sharing>.
Credit: Sarah Schafer

*Please circulate the e-mail to your colleagues interested in the topics
and to relevant mailing lists, also outside astronomy.*

Best wishes, Marta Dembska (on behalf of the organizing committee)
--
Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt e.V. (DLR)
German Aerospace Center