Hi Matheus,

I've never had a problem with Ubuntu 14 and MATLAB 2013b. In fact I
sometimes do ROACH2 builds on Ubuntu 16.04 which is also fine. In general,
almost all of my problems come from Xilinx, not MATLAB.

However, you are absolutely right that MATLAB 2013b seems to only support
Ubuntu 13.04 (reasonable, I guess, since 2014 hadn't happened yet!). I
guess my only suggestion, since you're using a VM, would be to try Ubuntu
12.04 and see if that helps. If I remember correctly, even though most
people use Ubuntu these days, the "officially supported" OS for ROACH2
compiles was Red Hat (or CentOS) 6, which is also an option. This is in the
support list of both MATLAB 2013b and Xilinx ISE 14.7

Cheers
Jack