Hi Cynthia, Tristan,

What model RPi are you using, and what type/length of ribbon cable is used
to connect the Pi to the SNAP. Were both of these known-good hardware prior
to installation in the case?
Re. error recovery -- at the very least I would have thought restarting
borphserver (probably `/etc/init.d/tcpborphserver3 restart` should work) if
the error doesn't completely lock up the Pi forever.

Cheers
Jack

On Thu, 22 Jul 2021 at 12:58, Hsin Cynthia Chiang, Prof <
hsin.chi...@mcgill.ca> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm sending the email below on behalf of a colleague who encountered some
> snags while trying to sign up for the CASPER mailing list.  In addition to
> the information in Tristan's email, I'll also add that fully power cycling
> the SNAP+RPi is the only way that we've found to clear the error, but even
> that doesn't work 100% of the time.  Apart from helping us identify the
> root cause, does anyone know of a gentler way to clear the error without
> power cycling?
>
> thanks!
>
> Cynthia
>
> --------------------------
>
> Hello,
>
> I am diagnosing a SNAP board error that has popped up while conducting
> field tests. We are using a 14-bit SNAP board along with a Raspberry Pi on
> a system that has successfully been used in the field before. The error
> message is as follows: “ERROR 127.0.0.1 transport_katcp.py:594 - 127.0.0.1:
> no programming informs yet. Odd?”, which is repeatedly printed to the
> Raspberry Pi’s terminal screen. It occurs while initializing the SNAP board
> with casperfpga.upload_to_ram_and_program(). I’ve attached a picture of the
> error message for reference.
>
> The main difference between previous successful tests of this system and
> the current iteration is that the enclosure containing the SNAP board and
> the Raspberry Pi is placed inside a large pelican case that also houses our
> methanol fuel cell power unit. Some of the potential causes we’ve explored
> are overheating and RFI from the power unit. I’d greatly appreciate any
> input that folks on this mailing list might have regarding what might
> trigger this error.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tristan Ménard <tristan.men...@mail.mcgill.ca>
> <tristan.men...@mail.mcgill.ca>