It "should" work but not a ton has changed in 2.9/3.0 AFAIK.  I'm going to
work on updating Lucandra to work with 0.5 branch I can try to update this
as well.  BTW, if you want to see Lucandra in action check out
http://flocking.me (example: http://flocking.me/tjake )

You can use a random partitioner if you store the entire index under a
supercolumn (how it was originally implemented) but then you need to accept
the entire index will be in memory for any operation on that index (bad for
big indexes).

-Jake