I'm assuming I have to run the thrift gen-java from cassandra .4 release.  Is
there any documentation or tutorial on how to get that up and running?

I've checked both cassandra and lucandra into eclipse, but the lucandra
project is still unable to resolve some Classes.  This is because I need to
generate the java client classes?

Thanks.