From: Dmitry Amelchenko [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 4:25 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [castor-dev] castor + JBOSS + weak performance !! ??

I have also a similar issue that I have discribed in this mailng list few
days ago,
my application is extremely slow on a first castor access.
I'm also using JBOSS(Jetty) with castor, similar application works just fine
with Tomcat.

One of the theories that I've heard that JBOSS uses different XML parser,
unfortunately I could not figure out how to replace the existing parser in
JBOSS without braiking other stuff.

>From: tek1 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: Re: [castor-dev] castor + JBOSS + weak performance !! ??
>Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 11:46:34 -0400
>
>what version of jboss are you using?
>
>also, how are you packaging your app to work in jboss?  have you included
>the latest version of castor (from the website) with your app, or are you
>using jboss' version of castor?
>
>i was having a strange problem with jboss also (whereby my castor app ran
>fine outside of jboss, but when running in jboss, it said that it couldn't
>find one of my domain classes).  anyway, it appeared to be a conflict with
>the version of castor that i bundled with my app and jboss' version of
>castor.  i deleted the jboss version of castor in
>[JBOSS]/server/default/lib and my app worked.
>
>just a suggestion...
>

>At 17:16 02/09/17 +0200, you wrote:
>>Hi Mickael.
>>My xml doesn't contain any links to XSD, so i think it's not a validation
>>problem. Maybe JBOSS have some problems with model generated by
>>SourceGenerator ??? ... that model is deployed with my TestSessionBean
>>into
>>AppServer. However unmarshalling works but as i said it's very very
>>SLOOOOWWWW ....  i don't know what to do ...
>>
>>greetings
>>
>>danny

Daniel Stacewicz wrote:

i have a simple XML Document with simple XSD file. Document has root element
called Order.
I've generated object model with Source Generator.
Everything works fine (including marshalling and unmarshalling). But there
is a problem.

When i'm trying to unmarshall my XML document local (without app Server) -
execution of unmarshalling lasts about 4500 ms.
But when i'm using JBOSS 3.0 with simple SessionBean - unmarshalling of the
same document (in SessionBean with the same code - see below) lasts about
60000 ms !!!! ???

What's going on?

------------- My Simple Unmarshalling code ----------------

    long startTime = System.currentTimeMillis();

    //unmarshalling in loop
    try {for (int i=0;i<100;i++){
      Order order=Order.unmarshal(new FileReader("6.5_order.xml"));}
    }
    catch (Exception ex) {
        ex.printStackTrace();
    }

    long endTime = System.currentTimeMillis();
    System.out.println("execution Time " + (endTime - startTime) + " ms.");