On 12/27/06, Ash Berlin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Mark Zealey wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm basically wanting to write a simple log function which logs hits on my
> website as entries in a database (automatically adding $c->user->{id} and
> $c->req->referrer etc), but to do so I want to use a model (I think). Any
> ideas how I can just say $c->model('Log')->info("foo") and automatically get
> $c passed in? I think I could have sth like:
>
> package MyApp::Model::Log;
> use base 'Catalyst::Model';
>
> my $last_c;
>
> sub ACCEPT_CONTEXT {
>       my ($self, $c) = @_;
>       $last_c = $c;
> }
>
> sub info {
>       my ($self, $msg) = @_
>       my $c = $last_c;
> }
>
> but this seems pretty messy...
>
> Mark

Very very *VERY* bad idea.

__PACKAGE__->mk_accessors(context);

sub ACCEPT_CONTEXT {
   my ($self, $c, @args) = @_;

   my $new = bless({ %$self }, ref $self);
   $new->context($c);
   return $new;
}

Something like the above instead.

Ash

Hi, all!

What if we have to overload ACCEPT_CONTEXT to do something like this,
but using DBIC::Schema?  What would be the recommended inheritance
chain? Catalyst::Model::DBIC::Schema acts as a glue between the actual
Catalyst model and the Schema classes, so I'm a little confused about
where to start...  In this particular case, we'd like to access $c
from model in order to overload subroutines (trigger-like) to track,
for example, which user modified what...

Thanks in advance,

Juan.