On 14/03/07, David Christensen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

catalyst:

I am working my way through the Catalyst tutorials, and have come across
some
issues.

My platform is FreeBSD 6.2.  I did not use the ports collection to install
Catalyst, instead I read:

http://search.cpan.org/~mramberg/Catalyst-Runtime-5.7006/lib/Catalyst/Manual/Inst
allation.pod

and used CPAN to install the following modules/bundles (?):

    Task::Catalyst

    Catalyst::Devel

As I worked my way through the examples, I found that I also needed to
install:

    Catalyst::Helper::Model::DBIC::Schema

    Catalyst::Helper::View::TTSite

I'm now on tutorial 2 of 9, and have run the various scripts, entered
modules and
templates, etc., as directed for the books database example.  When I fire
up the
development server and browse to:

    http://p3800.holgerdanske.com:3000/books/list

The server says:

    [error] Couldn't render template "undef error - status_msg is
undefined

There is a reference implementation for the tutorial.  It's for exactly
these situations where you need to see where you've gone wrong.  From
Catalyst::Manual::Tutorial::Intro:

svn co
http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/repos/Catalyst/tags/examples/Tutorial/MyApp/5.7/CatalystTutorial