Anatoly,

We had the same problem on Red Hat with Scalar-List-Utils-1.19.

We installed 1.14 and it worked. Make sure that you are pointing to 1.14.

Regards

Ian

>>> "Anatoly Bashmakov" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 16/03/07 7:16 am >>>
    Hi Kennedy!

    Thank you for your reply!
    I do force install Scalar::Util but it doesn't help :-(. The same error.
May be I do something wrong. I switched to centos-4.3. Can you please remember
how exactly you install cat?
    How do you uninstall previously installed Scalar::Util? I just removed
files:
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5/List/Util.pm
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5/Scalar/Util.pm
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi/List/Util.pm
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi/Scalar/Util.pm

    After force install I have these files:
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi/Scalar/Util.pm
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi/List/Util.pm

    And another question. I need to downgrade Compress::Zlib, because build of
PAR::Packer
fails. Is that right thing to do?

    I checked install par package on Fedora Core 6 and it works there, but
unfortunately I have to deploy app on FC4 or centos-4.3

> PS -- Your english looks great to me.  No need to apologize. :-)
    Well, thanks :-)

Thu, Mar 15, 2007 at 07:42:34AM -0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED] *******:
> On 3/15/07, Anatoly Bashmakov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>     Hello, list!
>
>     I have a problem running par catalyst distribution. Error was
>
>     $ parl test1.par test1_server.pl
>     Weak references are not implemented in the version of perl at Catalyst.pm
>     line 22
>     BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at Catalyst.pm line 22.
>     Compilation failed in require at Test1.pm line 16.
>     BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at Test1.pm line 16.
>     Compilation failed in require at ./script/test1_server.pl line 56
>
>     Standalone script ./script/test1_server.pl works fine.
>
>         OS Fedora core 4. I was trying with perl-5.8.6 (in linux distro)  and
>     with  perl-5.8.8 (built from source) .
>         After googling and searching list archives I found similar problems on
>     Windows and with mod_perl
>     but I could not find solution.
>         The problem probably appears because of Scalar::Util. There is really
> 2
>     Scalar::Util both in perl from
>     distro and in perl from source. I tried with both(removing another) with
> no
>     success. Then I tried to build
>     Scalar-List-Utils-1.14 and 1.16-19. The same error.
>

> Hi Anatoly,
>
> Apparently Red Hat typeically builds Scalar::Util without the XS option.  I
> was
> able to fix this on CentOS/RHEL with:
>
> perl -MCPAN -e shell
> force install Scalar::Util
>
> Regards,
> Kennedy
>
> PS -- Your english looks great to me.  No need to apologize. :-)

Anatoly

This message (including any attachments) is intended solely for the addressee
named and may contain confidential and or privileged information. If you are
not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify the sender. Views
expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, and are not
necessarily the views of The Independent Transport Safety  Reliability
Regulator (ITSRR). Whole or parts of this e-mail may be subject to copyright of
ITSRR or third parties. You should only re-transmit, distribute or use the
material for commercial purposes if you are authorised to do so.

Please visit us at www.transportregulator.nsw.gov.au