On Apr 18, 2008, at 10:54 AM, Matt S Trout wrote:
On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 11:11:41AM +0200, Zbigniew Lukasiak wrote:
My first approach was to do the sending in a cron job - but then came
the requirement that the emails should be sent as soon as possible.
Now I have a forking model, but I don't know if I implemented it
correctly (the mod_perl guide recommends against forking
http://modperlbook.org/html/10-2-Forking-and-Executing- Subprocessesfrom-mod_perl.html).

But you're writing a new catalyst app, so you're deploying it under fastcgi,
right?

I thought forking from an App wasn't possible with the FastCGI engine. Did something change or did I misread an old thread? I hope so. I'd love to be able to fork in it. Any doc/recipe out there?

-Ashley