If I write binary data (a JPEG) using $c->res->body then I get all these
errors

 stderr: UTF-16 surrogate 0xdf98 at /usr/lib/perl/5.8/IO/Handle.pm line 199.

My code looks like

      $c->res->content_type(q{image/jpeg});
    $c->res->header( 'Content-Disposition', q{inline} );
    $c->res->body($pic_image);

Presumably, something is assuming that the output is Unicode text and trying
to interpret it accordingly. These error messages are all over the log,
making it difficult to read, besides any impact the situation may be having
on the output.

Is there any way to fix this issue (eg something like binmode)?
--
Regards,
Martin