Hi Chris,

Am 25.08.2009 um 00:48 schrieb Chris:

I wonder if you could force a reload using a SIG{USR1} handler and avoid
a per-request check?

I think so, but I need to know the processes to send the signal to. I guess $$ is only the current apache client process and a signal to this will not get to the others. What about sending a signal to the parent process -- will this affect the childs? If yes, how can I determine the PID of the parent from within a child process?

As I already said I'm not familiar with FastCGI and I don't yet know about how clients are spawn and if they might share their memory. Maybe someone here knows about this?

Thanks,
  matt

--
rainboxx Matthias Dietrich
Freier Software Engineer

rainboxx                  |  Tel.: +49 (0) 151 / 50 60 78 64
Tölzer Str. 19            |  Mail: m...@rainboxx.de
70372 Stuttgart           |  WWW : http://www.rainboxx.de

XING: https://www.xing.com/profile/Matthias_Dietrich18
GULP: http://www.gulp.de/profil/rainboxx.html