Hi Robert

See http://web.lavoco.com/504-fastcgi-timeouts.png

It would appear something other than Nginx is timing out, yet there are no timeout values to configure with all of the Perl modules used for FastCGI (that I can see).

ISTM that the first timeout is Nginx waiting for the backend to complete. The second is the backend (the fastcgi server) killing the process because it thinks it's hanging. I'm not aware which server Catalyst uses as default for fastcgi these days, or if you deploy on e.g. Plack. But you should probably look for a heatbeat_timeout or something like that.

/kaare