Although I believe Annette's is the first report to Cayugabirds-L of Brant in
the Cayuga Lake Basin this fall, it turns out several observers have been
quietly reporting them to eBird:

100 on 3 Oct at Martens Tract by Shawn Billerman & Mike Harvey
125 on 4 Oct at Stewart Park by Mike Harvey
40 on 10 Oct from Collegetown by Glenn Seeholzer
42 on 11 Oct at Stewart Park by Jessie Barry & Chris Wood

Today was a big day for Turkey Vulture migration.  I think it was around
2:30-3pm as I drove from Ithaca College to the airport I saw about 100, about
1/5 strung out over south hill to go up the Cayuga Inlet valley, 3/5 in a big
kettle over NYS 13 just east of Warren Road, the a few minutes later the other
1/5 working their way south over the airport, Sapsucker Woods and the Northeast
neighborhood, plus others during the day.

--Dave Nutter

On Wednesday, October 14, 2009, at 10:23AM, "Annette Finney"